[Starlingx-discuss] openstack networking

Ildiko Vancsa ildiko.vancsa at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 16:48:52 UTC 2021

Hi,

I’m not the expert of how OpenStack networking works, but found some materials that go into explaining the networking terms and concepts that Neutron is using:

* https://superuser.openstack.org/articles/tenant-networks-vs-provider-networks-in-the-private-cloud-context/
* https://superuser.openstack.org/articles/spot-the-difference-tenant-provider-and-external-neutron-networks/
* https://www.redhat.com/en/blog/four-types-neutron-networks-you-must-understand

They are not necessarily the latest documents, but I believe the basics haven’t changed completely since they were published.

I would also suggest to try to reach out to the Neutron team on the #openstack-neutron IRC channel as they are the experts of how that service works and might be able to advise on how it would be beneficial for you to set it up for your use case.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Ildikó