[Starlingx-discuss] [docs] [meeting] Docs team notes 24-Mar-21

Camp, MaryX maryx.camp at intel.com
Wed Mar 24 20:24:51 UTC 2021

Hello all,
Here are this week's docs team meeting minutes (short form). Details in [2].
Join us if you have interest in StarlingX docs! We meet on Wednesdays 12:30 PST.

  [1]   Call logistics: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Starlingx/Meetings
  [2]   Tracking Etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-documentation

thanks,
Mary Camp
==========
24-Mar-21
All -- reviews merged since last meeting:  9
All -- bug status -- 17 total - team agrees to defer all low priority LP until the upstreaming effort is completed.
13 LP are WIP against API documentation, which is generated from source code (low priority). Those reviews are here: https://review.opendev.org/#/q/project:starlingx/config
New on 10Feb21: Documentation needs to be updated for LAG and VLAN type interfaces [https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1915285]

Status/questions/opens

Ron has an open question: the tox "keep-going" flag for doc builds is not doing what he expected. Warnings at the end aren't as detailed as we'd like.
Reminder to scroll up into the "tox -e docs" output. Typically, the warning messages are between 100% reading sources and 0% writing output.

You can also view build errors in gerrit:
Scroll to the bottom of the review where the comments are. Click the "Verified -1" button, then click the link below openstack-tox-doc to open the Zuul window.
The build log is shown in the Task Summary tab. Click "More" to show the full log and look between 100% reading sources and 0% writing output for warnings.

AR Mary: don't merge this review https://review.opendev.org/c/starlingx/docs/+/782315  It has a merge conflict that we will resolve live in next week's meeting for practice.

STX 5.0 Update:  3 features are already upstreamed. A couple more are still coming.