[Starlingx-discuss] Build STX image and patches

open infra openinfradn at gmail.com
Mon May 10 06:45:44 UTC 2021

Hi,

I am trying to build STX (r5 based) image and patches with the help of the
build guide [1].

I highly appreciate it if you can help me to fix my build environment.

I am currently experiencing the following issues.

01. Launcher is not writable

$ repo sync -j`nproc`

... A new version of repo (2.14) is available.
... New version is available at:
/localdisk/designer/meltingpoint/Gamecube3/.repo/repo/repo
... The launcher is run from: /usr/local/bin/repo

!!! The launcher is not writable.  Please talk to your sysadmin or distro

Fetching: 100% (60/60), done in 10.176s

$ ls -l /usr/local/bin/repo

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 43035 May  4 09:01 /usr/local/bin/repo

02. When downloading packages

$ cd  $MY_REPO_ROOT_DIR/stx-tools/centos-mirror-tools && sudo  bash
download_mirror.sh

*ERROR: merge_lst: environment variable MY_REPO must be set*

What should be the value of MY_REPO?

03. Why it's pointing to mirror.centos.org, 7.6 repo is not available but ?

Should I manually set it to vault.centos.org?

step #4: start downloading other files ...

NOTE: please assure Internet access to
http://mirror.centos.org/7.6.1810/os/x86_64/ !!

totally 0 files are downloaded!

[1] https://docs.starlingx.io/developer_resources/build_guide.html