[Starlingx-discuss] Community (& TSC) Call (May 12, 2021)

Zvonar, Bill Bill.Zvonar at windriver.com
Wed May 12 14:46:01 UTC 2021

>From today's meeting:

  * Standing Topics

      * Build/Sanity
          * build ok of late
          * sanity is Yellow for 5.0 & Master, per issues listed below

      * Gerrit Reviews in Need of Attention
          * reviews for fixes for high importance stx.5.0 launchpads - see below

  * Topics for this Week

      * stx.5.0 bugs
          * Importance = High
              * 1922299 (Martin): Openstack-Helm mariadb crash recovery failed
                  * https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1922299, review https://review.opendev.org/c/starlingx/openstack-armada-app/+/790321
                      * likely could be changed to Medium, there's no real issue, Martin's change just removes the unnecessary logs
                      * we agreed to downgrade this to Medium & not hold up the release for this
              * 1925668 (Zhipeng): Bootstrap replay fails when changing mgmt subnet
                  * https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1925668, review https://review.opendev.org/c/starlingx/ansible-playbooks/+/787942
                      * Tee or David to review today
                      * agreed to not hold up the release for this, but we'll continue to work on this & make a release note for it
              * 1918318 (Martin): controller-0 is degraded due to the failure of its 'pci-irq-affinity-agent' process. Auto recovery of this major process is in progress."
                  * https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1918318
                      * Alex to determine the frequency of this intermittent issue
                      * from Austin: 0507/0510/0511 not see this issue. 0505 see this issue.
                      * but we saw it again today
                      * per Alex, of 32 installations, he saw it 2 times - so it's sporadic
                      * we need to better understand what was going on here - what caused this to happen & whether there's a workaround - Austin & Alex will work on this
          * Importance = Medium
              * 1918420 (Martin): Alarm 750.003 - Application remove failure for stx-openstack
                  * (not high, but mentioned in stx.5.0 sanity report)
                  * https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1918420, review: https://review.opendev.org/c/starlingx/ha/+/788897
                  * Martin will continue to investigate whether this is a testcase issue or a real issue

      * upcoming TSC election
          * election timeline
              * http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2021-May/011423.html
          * active contributor list
              * http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2021-May/011424.html

  * ARs from Previous Meetings
      * Docker Hub: Ildiko & Bill are in touch with them about the OSS Community designation.

  * Open Requests for Help
      * we didn't go through these today

  * Build Matters (if required)
      * nothing this week