[Starlingx-discuss] [docs] [meeting] Docs team notes 03-Nov-21

Camp, MaryX maryx.camp at intel.com
Thu Nov 4 00:13:41 UTC 2021

Hello all,
Here are this week's docs team meeting minutes (short form). Details in [2].
Join us if you have interest in StarlingX docs! We meet on Wednesdays 12:30 PST.

  [1]   Call logistics: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Starlingx/Meetings
  [2]   Tracking Etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-documentation

thanks,
Mary Camp
==========
03-Nov-21

All -- reviews merged since last meeting:  20ish     https://review.opendev.org/q/project:starlingx/docs+status:merged
          New method for commit message:    add (pick) in the title for reviews that need to be cherrypicked into the 5.0 branch.
          Reviews to discuss?
          https://review.opendev.org/c/starlingx/docs/+/815513 "wr-openstack" review
          Mary is still working on |prefix| issues.  AR to loop in Thiago on both this review + future one.
          Team agreed that the table can be changed to regular text. Also, change the 3 instances where |prefix| won't resolve to something meaningful in < >

All -- bug status -- 9 total - team agrees to defer all low priority LP until the upstreaming effort is completed.
   Query for LP that are tagged for docs:  https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bugs?field.tag=stx.docs
   Use caution when working on LP, especially if seems related to WR (like wr-openstack issue).

   Question about this LP:  https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1947014   Juanita will fix for 6.0

Status/questions/opens

Image locations - to be discussed  (Ron)
   Suggestion to move the images into kubernetes and openstack corresponding folders.
   No objections. Not part of R6, probably will tackle over the holidays.

Scott is working on a readme.txt file connected to a deploying sub-cloud installation (new feature, related to Dist Cloud).
   It might not be part of the user docs itself, but maybe useful for Developer Resources?
   Ron/Juanita will follow up with Scott. Maybe 100% a downstream item? Unclear at this point.
   Latest update is that will be part of user docs, Juanita/Ron/Kean will be figuring it out.

Gerrit training:
   We went through the first draft of the slides together. We will discuss more next week.
   Goal is to do this Nov 17th (avoids US Thanksgiving).