[Starlingx-discuss] how to deal with loop dependent in building stage

Scott Little scott.little at windriver.com
Thu Sep 23 15:13:32 UTC 2021

Thanks for the reply Jeremy, but I think your discussing the signing of
packages as a whole, not the signing of files within packages.

I'm trying to learn a bit about how Linux IMA works...

The point of the feature is to have the executable files within the
package (deb or rpm) carry signatures that the Linux kernel will
validate before allowing the executable to run.

I'm still a little fuzzy on why the signatures on the executables need
to be injected as part of packaging rather than building.  Is that a
requirement for the chain of trust, or a conveniently centralized place
to apply the policy to all packages?  And what does that mean for
packages not directly built by StarlingX?

Perhaps it's moot.

I'm pretty sure the IMA feature is not currently supported within
StarlingX.  I'm hoping Greg can step in and confirm.

Scott