[Starlingx-discuss] StarlingX Outreach

Geary, Stephen (Steve) Steve.Geary at windriver.com
Fri Sep 24 20:19:47 UTC 2021

Hello StarlingX Community,

The OIF leadership conducts quarterly meetings with each of its Platinum members. Ildiko, Jeff Gowan, and myself participated in this quarter's meeting held earlier in the week. One discussion topic centered on approaches to growing the StarlingX community. I think is both appropriate and worthwhile to share that conversation here and ask for your ideas and contribution.

Fundamentally, the notion of having a forum; maybe something like an open house, where those curious about StarlingX but potentially wanting to maintain a low-profile could learn more and ask questions. The framing of the forum would be that the audience questions and participation would generate a real-time agenda, if you will.

Myself, Ildiko, and Jeff agreed that we would take lead on making the notion a reality. We can use all the help we can. As starting points, specifically:

  1.  Develop the forum structure beyond an abstract notion
  2.  Generate awareness beyond existing StarlingX community
  3.  Identify and recruit participation from StarlingX SMEs within the community

Thank you all!

Steve Geary
Director, Open Source
[Wind River]<https://www.windriver.com/>