[Starlingx-discuss] Minutes: Community Call (Aug 10 2022)

Ildiko Vancsa ildiko.vancsa at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 02:27:57 UTC 2022

Hi,

Below please find the highlights of today’s Community call.

* We spent some time on discussing ways and methods to get users and newcomers more involved in the community
  - The conversation was triggered by the Calico/Wireguard email thread
  - We touched on ways to encourage people to file bugs and participate in other activities
  - People on the call also explored ways to improve communication within the community and with that making it more accessible
  - We agreed to continue the conversation at the upcoming PTG
* We discussed the 7.0 release in details
  - Build:
    + There was an issue with the build, that reported green without producing an ISO. The issue is now fixed.
    + Only CentOS-based builds are running, the team is currently working on setting up the system to build the Debian-based version of the platform.
      * Removing the 4.0 resources and keep 5.x until 7.0 is released
    + The team decided to move over to on-demand build for CentOS and release the 7pm Eastern build slot
  - Sanity
    + Green test results on the platform without OpenStack
    + There’s an issue with the environment to test STX with OpenStack, the team is currently working on resolving that
    + The subject line of the summary email needs to be changed from saying ‘master’ to ‘7.0’
  - Bugs
    + The 'registry-token-server build failure’ bug (https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1983114) got reported twice and will be closed
    + No open bugs for 7.0

For the detailed minutes, please check the meeting etherpad: https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/stx-status

The next Community call is scheduled for August 17. For more information about the call please check the meeting wiki: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Starlingx/Meetings#7am_Pacific_-_Technical_Steering_Committee_.26_Community_Call

Thanks and Best Regards,
Ildikó