[Starlingx-discuss] Upcoming TSC and PL/TL elections

Ildiko Vancsa ildiko.vancsa at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 14:52:11 UTC 2022

Hi StarlingX Community,

It is a friendly reminder that the time for the fall election[1] period is coming up fast and therefore we need to start planning the process.

We need to decide on timeframe for the elections. For TSC we have a nomination, a campaign and a voting period, while for PL/TL elections we have a nomination and a voting period defined officially.

We are looking for a 3-week timeframe in the fall that doesn’t collide with any major holidays or milestones in the release process. To avoid major events as well the proposed timeline would be the following:

TSC nomination starts @ November 01, 2022 20:45 UTC
TSC nomination ends @ November 08, 2022 20:45 UTC
PL/TL nomination starts @ November 01, 2022 20:45 UTC
PL/TL nomination ends @ November 08, 2022 20:45 UTC

TSC campaigning starts @ November 08, 2022 20:45 UTC
TSC campaigning ends @ November 15, 2022 20:45 UTC

TSC election starts @ November 15, 2022 20:45 UTC
TSC election ends @ November 22, 2022 20:45 UTC
PL/TL election starts @ November 15, 2022 20:45 UTC
PL/TL election ends @ November 22, 2022 20:45 UTC

Similarly to last year we have an empty TSC seat[2] that we could try to fill for a half-term during an interim TSC election once the regular elections ended. The interim elections need separate dates to avoid confusions with the regular process. Would the TSC and community prefer to runt he interim elections this time around as well?

Please think about your preference about the election process to make sure that people are available to submit nominations as well as to be able to vote in the election process.

If you have any questions or comments please reply to this thread or reach out to the election officials[3].

Thanks,

[1] https://docs.starlingx.io/election/
[2] https://docs.starlingx.io/governance/reference/tsc/index.html
[3] https://docs.starlingx.io/election/#election-officials