[Starlingx-discuss] Running starlingx on desktop computers

Subramanian, Ramaswamy Ramaswamy.Subramanian at windriver.com
Mon Dec 5 14:46:41 UTC 2022

Hi,

Below is an example desktop configuration used for StarlingX development and deployment activities by developers.

Intel Xeon Processor W-2295 (18C 3.0GHz 4.6GHz Turbo HT 24.75MB 165W DDR4-2933MHz)
128GB 2x64GB DDR4 2933 RDIM ECC Memory
M.2 PCIe NVME Solid State Drive - 4TB -->  used for build environment, starlingx deployments, etc.
3.5" 4TB 7200rpm SATA Hard Drive -->   Used for storing backups (snapshots, logs, etc).

8 cores and 64GB RAM is not sufficient if you would like to run Distributed Cloud configuration on your desktop.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Ram