[Starlingx-discuss] Minutes: Test Status Call - Dec 13, 2022

Cooke, Rob Rob.Cooke at windriver.com
Wed Dec 14 15:27:10 UTC 2022

Hi everyone,

Please find below this minutes from this week's StarlingX Test Status Call:

Minutes for 12/13/2022
https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/stx-test

*         Open Topics:
o    None

*         Sanity Status:
o    Sanity on STX 8.0 - Green
?  Last execution, Dec 12, 2022 - Results email:  https://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2022-December/013682.html
o    Sanity debugging on STX 8.0 plus Openstack is progressing this week on Debian based builds.  Team is working through issues in an attempt to achieve a successful sanity execution
?  Been opening and fixing bugs in succession the last couple of days, aiming to have the stx-os on Debian minimally functional.
*         Already closed a couple of bugs:
o    https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1998230
o    https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1997564
o    https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1998231
*         And used the time to prepare the app for new k8s stuff too:
o    https://review.opendev.org/c/starlingx/openstack-armada-app/+/863035
*         Was trying to test this bug fix:
o    https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1998630
*         But unfortunately recent builds of stx master-debian caused this side-effect to our app:
o    https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1999426
o    We already have a fix proposed for it. Since it is a blocker for Jenkins automated installs, we did not have a green install yet, but are working to get it (with the LP fix) ASAP.
?  Then we will be ready to resume our weekly sanity runs for stx (debian) with stx-os.
?  We reckon the initial runs will not be green though, since we still have some concerns regarding virtualization features, like:
*         https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1999445
*         This LP may be invalid, if it only happens on virtual environments (we were able to test it). Need to verify it on a lab, but several other small bug work took priority
*         Feature Test Status:
o    Feature testing is tracked in the following google sheet
?  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yzlArypq3sgdNdYzMwBONLnOsx6OqMpxj6KT0P6Pc6M/edit#gid=968103774

Thanks,

Rob