[Starlingx-discuss] Debian as an Associate Member of the OpenInfra Foundation

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Feb 3 14:53:07 UTC 2022

On 2022-02-03 13:46:05 +0000 (+0000), Short, Charles wrote:
> I am pretty sure we don't have any official Debian Developers
> working on StarlingX but we would love to collaborate with Debian,
> and possible contribute patches that we are carry back to Debian.
[...]

Thanks for the quick followup! And I know you're aware, but for the
benefit of others on the list it's probably worth pointing out:
if anyone in the StarlingX community who's become familiar with
Debian's packaging tools and policies wants to go through Debian's
"New Maintainer" process[*], being an official Debian Maintainer (or
eventually a Debian Developer) can help get bug fixes and other
patches upstreamed to Debian more quickly, particularly if they're
for under-maintained packages where the maintainers are looking for
a bit of help getting them up to date.

[*] https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/new-maintainer.en.html
--
Jeremy Stanley