[Starlingx-discuss] [docs] [meeting] Docs team notes 02-Feb-22

Camp, MaryX maryx.camp at intel.com
Thu Feb 3 16:10:01 UTC 2022

Hello all,
Here are this week's docs team meeting minutes (short form). Details in [2].
Join us if you have interest in StarlingX docs! We meet on Wednesdays 12:30 PST.

  [1]   Call logistics: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Starlingx/Meetings
  [2]   Tracking Etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-documentation

thanks,
Mary Camp
==========
02-Feb-22

All -- reviews merged since last meeting:  16
   Preflight checks review has merged. There's a follow-on review with changes.
   Ron will update the Contributor guide when it's working as expected. AR Mary document the issues/workarounds.

All -- bug status -- 9 total
   In a future meeting we will go through the old LP and see which have been addressed or are ancient/invalid.

Status/questions/opens

We discussed the "new release steps" in this etherpad: https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/stx-doc-admin
Mary has updated the steps for the version drop-down.
AR Mary update the section about template/theme.

In R6 Release Notes, needs to be a change in the Container Component Upversion section
[AR Mary, tag Chris Friesen, Al Bailey for review]
updated text:
    The default version of a fresh install for Kubernetes is 1.21.8, while for an upgrade from 5.0, it will be 1.18.1.
    You will need to upgrade Kubernetes to each version up to 1.21.8 in order to be ready to upgrade to the next version of StarlingX.

Next week: if the spellcheck is working/merged, Ron will do a demo.

Juanita will be adding stories for the R7 release after the planning cycle.