[Starlingx-discuss] Is there Log4j security vulnerability in Starlingx 5.0?

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Jan 5 14:33:09 UTC 2022

On 2022-01-05 11:08:13 +0000 (+0000), Shashi, Yatindra wrote:
> You might have heard about log4j library security vulnerability. I
> would like to know if this security flaw is also in STX 5.0 or
> not? If so, then is there any solution.

While it's just a part of StarlingX so not at all a complete answer,
I started a discussion within the OpenStack Security SIG on the same
topic:

https://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2022-January/026490.html

None of OpenStack is directly affected since it's written in Python,
not Java, but some things people often install alongside it may be
impacted (OpenDaylight, Elasticsearch, et cetera).

Hope that helps. I too am curious to know the complete answer as
pertains to the whole of the StarlingX distribution.
--
Jeremy Stanley