[Starlingx-discuss] [docs] [meeting] Docs team notes 05-Jan-22

Camp, MaryX maryx.camp at intel.com
Wed Jan 5 22:25:31 UTC 2022

Hello all,
Here are this week's docs team meeting minutes (short form). Details in [2].
Join us if you have interest in StarlingX docs! We meet on Wednesdays 12:30 PST.

  [1]   Call logistics: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Starlingx/Meetings 
  [2]   Tracking Etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-documentation 

Mary Camp
All -- reviews merged since last meeting:  12  https://review.opendev.org/q/project:starlingx/docs+status:merged
All -- bug status -- 9 total - team agrees to defer all low priority LP until the upstreaming effort is completed. 
>From today's TSC call:  Release 7 planning is starting. Release 6 not out yet, Ghada asked if we were ready to cut the docs branch.

Plan for branching the docs
  1. Wait till after the STX 6.0 release or downstream release if that is before STX (wait to see).
  2. Then ask Scott to branch the docs.
  3. Internally clone the docs branch and cherry-pick the items needed for downstream patch releases.

WR team to coordinate with Scott about the best order for 2 & 3, based on his tasks and their release needs. 
AR Mary communicate w/Ghada this timeline in email, CC the WR team. 

After the R6 release, we will stop maintaining the R5 install guides. 
The install folder will have R6 (bug fix updates only) & latest/working. 

We will have a dropdown for R5 (exists), R6 (new), and latest/master. Can't implement this until the docs branch is cut/tagged.

Release Notes:  
  R6 RN are ready to go. One new item (known issue/workaround) on downstream side, Juanita will find out if it is relevant for upstream. 
  STX RN typically has very few Known Issues. 
 Juanita will ask Greg about the downstream known limitations and if they are relevant for upstream? 
     Longer term:  can we do more to close the gap between LP and Jira tickets? 

Next big task coming after the releases -- Index file renaming 
   Ron: ongoing issue internally with the vendor that does infrastructure/creates their docs 
   Search issues - need to make filenames unique (ongoing effort)
   Index files need to be renamed with UUID and then cross-links need to be checked.  
   Coming soonish, keep an eye out. Goal is in couple of weeks... 
   Ron and Juanita will coordinate the timing with current release plans and Scott's tasks. 
   After the downstream GA releases go out (maybe can't wait for the patch releases... tbd)
   After Scott cuts branch (or before to avoid cherry picks?)

More information about the Starlingx-discuss mailing list