[Starlingx-discuss] [docs] [meeting] Docs team notes 19-Jan-22

Camp, MaryX maryx.camp at intel.com
Wed Jan 19 21:48:20 UTC 2022

Hello all,
Here are this week's docs team meeting minutes (short form). Details in [2].
Join us if you have interest in StarlingX docs! We meet on Wednesdays 12:30 PST.

  [1]   Call logistics: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Starlingx/Meetings
  [2]   Tracking Etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-documentation

thanks,
Mary Camp
==========
19-Jan-22
All -- reviews merged since last meeting:  8  https://review.opendev.org/q/project:starlingx/docs+status:merged
          Commit message FYI:    add (pick) in the title for reviews that need to be cherrypicked into the 5.0 branch.

    Reviews in progress:  Ron has created a few with index name changes, mostly 1 doc at a time. Goal to merge this week.

All -- bug status -- 9 total - team agrees to defer all low priority LP until the upstreaming effort is completed.
Query for LP that are tagged for docs:  https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bugs?field.tag=stx.docs
Use caution when working on LP, especially if seems related to WR (like wr-openstack issue).

     New High LP:  https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1957945
     Links within R4 Install Guides in the R5 branch are broken (they weren't updated to include "r/stx.5.0" in path).
     R4 has been EOLed - do we need to fix? This is our only archive... Same issues in R3, R2, etc.
     AR Mary respond to LP will not fix because R4 is EOL. They should refer to latest distributed cloud install, etc in latest branch.

Status/questions/opens
Gerrit downtime next Monday 5-7 pm EST:
    upgrade Gerrit to 3.4 starting January 24, 2022 at 22:00 UTC. We expect to be done by 00:00 UTC January 25, 2022.

Let's discuss the New Release Steps here: https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/stx-doc-admin
   AR Mary when R6 ISO is available, submit reviews for version picker and
       doc/source/_vendor/vendor_strings.txt  |prod-ver| string with new release number.
   There needs to be separate reviews to update the version picker for R6 and R5 branches.

Preflight checks
   ways to automate some of the pre-release checking - sphinx plugins/extensions for link checking, both internal and external
   another thing is a spell-checker - can specify a custom dictionary
   could make a special release job to run tox link checker.
   Ron will look into it and keep us posted.

End-to-end doc reviews
  Something we can tackle doc by doc. Mary will have some time to tackle docs after the R6 changes get merged.
  Ron/Juanita to discuss which docs, priority, things to look for, and we can talk about it next week.

R6 Retrospective, something to think about for a future meeting.