[Starlingx-discuss] Marketing call meeting minutes

Ildiko Vancsa ildiko.vancsa at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 00:25:11 UTC 2022

Hi,

We had our last Community Marketing call this Tuesday. Please find below the notes from the call:

* 2022 planning
  * The team agreed to revisit the goals and mission of the marketing team on our next call (February 01)
  * Based on the outcome of the above we will work on goals and objectives for 2022
  * The desired outcome of the this discussion is a clear mission, goals for 2022 and a more detailed plan for the first quarter of the year
* Demo videos
  * A few contributors from Wind River are working on a few demo videos that we can use on the website as well as part of presentations that people are delivering about the project
  * We reviewed the first video that shows how to perform patching on large scale with the platform
  * The video is currently going through the final polishing steps
  * Ildiko is investigating with the OIF design team the options to make it available on the StarlingX website
* StarlingX 6.0
  * Press Release is in the works and will go out after the release is out
  * We have three blog posts to publish after the release
    * Release overview - https://github.com/StarlingXWeb/starlingx-website/pull/149
    * Cert Management LCM - https://github.com/StarlingXWeb/starlingx-website/pull/145
    * Distributed Cloud - https://github.com/StarlingXWeb/starlingx-website/pull/148
* Events
  * The Open Infrastructure Summit will be held in June 7-9, 2022 in Berlin, Germany
  * __The CFP is currently open__: https://cfp.openinfra.dev/app/berlin-2022
  * __CFP deadline is February 09__
* Onboarding content
  * There is some work going on to create some onboarding materials and tutorial videos to make it easier for people to spin up StarlingX for their development environment or quick evaluation

For further notes and meeting details please see our etherpad: https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/2019_StarlingX_Marketing_Plans

Thanks,
Ildikó