[Starlingx-discuss] Equinix (formerly Packet) resources

Ildiko Vancsa ildiko.vancsa at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 22:27:45 UTC 2022

Hi StarlingX Community,

I’m reaching out to you about the HW resources that Equinix has been donating to the project.

They reached out to a few of us to give a notification that they are doing some upgrades in their data centers to ensure that they don’t disrupt any of our activities on the servers. To ensure that they can safely move forward, I wanted to check if anyone is still using any HW donated by Equinix?

__Please reply to this thread or reach out to me if you do, or if yo have any data on any of the machines that you used to make sure that your work will not be affected.__

Since Equinix is switch some of their processes, it is also a great time to plan for future usage and inform them about our plans to be able to better coordinate our resource usage. We used to run workshops on the donated servers, which we could bring back as events are starting to happen in person again. What do you all think?

Also, is any of you have any additional plans to use the available HW we could discuss and share with Equinix?

Thanks and Best Regards,
Ildikó

———

Ildikó Váncsa