[Starlingx-discuss] Minutes: StarlingX Release Meeting - May 4/2022
Ghada.Khalil at windriver.com
Wed May 4 14:26:42 UTC 2022
Agenda/Minutes are posted at:
- Release/Feature Planning: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/171PJAu9SykXm9h9Ny2IsZ8YMbhvEwOzuTbISWUMQhiE/edit#gid=1107209846
- Release Verification:
- Folder: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1szAP-xVZq7ebSyGJ-EHTVebMmsupSY7w
- Feature Testing: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hXJJ4LvxhWwLIF_PHpCyxlGpfKdXtcPjlyclfKFVxKo/edit#gid=968103774
- Regression Testing: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19OQmmo5OfD1eHS8rp5uBgnVaS7i8J-NhQuiKVqcyZ0Y/edit#gid=1717644237
- Release Updates
- Feature Stats
- 13 features are Done
- 25 features are In Progress
- 3 features are Out/Deferred
- Debian Update
- CENGN builds to generate Debian ISOs: Still working through issues, but should be close
- Debian Sanity: WR test team is working on env setup to enable this
- Feature Update -- Features with Code Merge Date in April / early May
- Support for Intel Logan Beach >> Code Merged. Test in progress.
- Support for Mellanox CX6 >> Code Merged. Ready for test
- Support for Broadcom 57504 >> Code Merged. Ready for test.
- Kubernetes custom configuration support (partial) >> Re-forecasted to May 10
- Armada Deprecation / Replacement - FluxCD >> Re-forecasted to May 20
- K8S & Container Components Refresh - k8s 1.22/1.23 >> Re-forecasted to May 10
- Container CNI Component Refresh >> Re-forecasted to May 17
- Platform Application Refresh - metric-server >> Code Merged. Still needs to be coverted to FluxCD (part of the Armada Replacement feature) before feature testing starts.
- Debian Builds on CENGN >> Re-forecasted to May 6
- Container Base Image Based on Debian >> Re-forecasted to May 13
- FEC Device Configurability (fec-operator Integration) >> Re-forecasted to May 27 as just starting to post code for review
- Test Update
- Feature Testing
- Testing in progress on features which are ready. spreadsheet kept up-to-date on a bi-weekly basis.
- Need to re-forecast Feature Test Complete dates for the following features as the Code Merge date moved. Action: Rob to update the fcst column (Column S) for:
- Support for Broadcom 57504
- K8S & Container Components Refresh - k8s 1.22/1.23
- Container Storage Component Refresh - NetApp Trident
- Armada Deprecation / Replacement - FluxCD
- Need Plan dates for the following features. Action: Rob to update the plan column (Column R) for:
- Scalability Enhancements to 1000 AIO-SX subclouds
- Enhanced Parallel Operations on Subclouds
- Subcloud Local Installation Support/Enhancements
- Intel is ceasing their sanity contribution to stx starting May 13
- WR test team is looking to take that over. Currently working on env setup. This may affect when Debian sanity can start.
- TBD whether the same sanity cadence can be maintained.
More information about the Starlingx-discuss