[Starlingx-discuss] stx tools 6.0 / iso build

Scott Little scott.little at windriver.com
Wed May 11 15:10:47 UTC 2022

I can't recall ever seeing that error massage during the download step.
A quick scan of past build logs doesn't show it either.

Did the task complete, or exit abnormally?

If it completed, what do these commands show ?

cat  logs/*_missing_*.log
cat  logs/*_failmoved_*.log

Scott L

On 2022-05-10 11:07 p.m., Outback Dingo wrote:
> [Please note: This e-mail is from an EXTERNAL e-mail address]
>
> Thanks, ill give this a go yet during the cd
> $MY_REPO_ROOT_DIR/stx-tools/centos-mirror-tools && bash
> download_mirror.sh
>
> normal or broken somehow ??
>
> b2: ovl: Error while doing RPMdb copy-up:
> b2: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/var/lib/rpm/Sigmd5'
> b2: ovl: Error while doing RPMdb copy-up:
> b2: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/var/lib/rpm/Sigmd5'
>
> On Wed, May 11, 2022 at 2:24 AM Scott Little <scott.little at windriver.com> wrote:
>> The official build instructions have moved here:
>>
>> https://docs.starlingx.io/developer_resources/build_guide.html
>>
>> You appear to be reading stx-tools/README.rst which is likely very out
>> off date.  I'll create a launchpad to correct that.
>>
>> Scott
>>

>> On 2022-05-09 06:24, Outback Dingo wrote:
>>> [Please note: This e-mail is from an EXTERNAL e-mail address]
>>>
>>> i must be missing something trying to get an iso built, seems way to
>>> hard by these docks, for  such a simple procless
>>>
>>> reading https://opendev.org/starlingx/tools
>>>
>>> it states
>>>
>>> To generate centos-repo
>>> The centos-repo is a set of symbolic links to the packages in the
>>> mirror and the mock configuration file. It is needed to create these
>>> links if this is the first build or the mirror has been updated.
>>>
>>> generate-centos-repo.sh /import/mirrors/CentOS
>>> Where the argument to the script is the path of the mirror.
>>>
>>> To build all packages:
>>> $ cd $MY_REPO
>>> $ build-pkgs or build-pkgs --clean <pkglist>; build-pkgs <pkglist>
>>> To generate local-repo:
>>> The local-repo has the dependency information that sequences the build
>>> order; To generate or update the information the following command
>>> needs to be executed after building modified or new packages.
>>>
>>> $ generate-local-repo.sh
>>>

>>> however inside the container,
>>>
>>> [dingo at 25d9abcf4450 starlingx]$ generate-local-repo.sh
>>> ERROR: directory not found '/import/mirrors/CentOS/stx/CentOS'
>>> [dingo at 25d9abcf4450 starlingx]$ generate-centos-repo.sh /import/mirrors/CentOS
>>> mirror_dir=/import/mirrors/CentOS
>>> config_dir=/localdisk/designer/dingo/starlingx/cgcs-root/../stx-tools/centos-mirror-tools/config
>>> distro=centos
>>> layer=all
>>>
>>> layer_pkg_urls=
>>>
>>> layer_image_inc_urls=
>>>
>>> layer_wheels_inc_urls=
>>>
>>> The mirror /import/mirrors/CentOS doesn't has the Binary and Source
>>> folders. Please provide a valid mirror
>>> [dingo at 25d9abcf4450 starlingx]$ $ build-iso
>>> bash: $: command not found
>>> [dingo at 25d9abcf4450 starlingx]$ build-iso
>>> 05:56:09
>>> 05:56:09 Create StarlingX/CentOS Boot CD
>>> 05:56:09