[Starlingx-discuss] multi-node AIO

Embedded Devel lists at optimcloud.com
Sat May 14 02:14:51 UTC 2022

not sure why my emails not going through so again....
I have 6 nodes, 512Gb Memory and 24TB disk 8x3TB per node

can i deploy a duplex aio on 2-3 nodes? and worker/storage on 4 nodes

second to that, since we cannot confirm our network environment to meet the
pxe boot on 169.254 for other controller-1, worker nodes

it states here

https://docs.starlingx.io/planning/kubernetes/network-planning-the-pxe-boot-network.html

that we can create a pxe boot environment to boot all nodes...

okay
PXE Boot Network
VERSION
You can set up a PXE boot network for booting all nodes to allow a
non-standard management network configuration.

however, this doc states
https://docs.starlingx.io/deploy_install_guides/r6_release/bare_metal/configuring-a-pxe-boot-server.html

Configure a PXE Boot Server
VERSION
You can optionally set up a PXE Boot Server to support controller-0
initialization.

so questions:

1) can i boot all nodes from pxe server?
2) after booting installing the controller-0 node i can then pxe boot
install controller-1 node
3) in this scenerio how does controller-0 discover controller-1 so i can
set the host  "system host-update 2 personality=controller"
4) does the same apply to workers
5) if you have 6 fully configured server each with 24TB and 512Gb memory,
how would you deploy to get a full 6 nodes with storage and compute?

Sent with Vivaldi Mail. Download Vivaldi for free at vivaldi.com