[Starlingx-discuss] Minutes: StarlingX Release Meeting - May 18/2022
Ghada.Khalil at windriver.com
Wed May 18 22:34:51 UTC 2022
Agenda/Minutes are posted at:
- Release/Feature Planning: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/171PJAu9SykXm9h9Ny2IsZ8YMbhvEwOzuTbISWUMQhiE/edit#gid=1107209846
- Release Verification:
- Folder: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1szAP-xVZq7ebSyGJ-EHTVebMmsupSY7w
- Feature Testing: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hXJJ4LvxhWwLIF_PHpCyxlGpfKdXtcPjlyclfKFVxKo/edit#gid=968103774
- Regression Testing: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19OQmmo5OfD1eHS8rp5uBgnVaS7i8J-NhQuiKVqcyZ0Y/edit#gid=1717644237
- Release Updates
- Debian Update
- Debian Builds on CENGN
- Debian builds are scheduled daily.
- Status: May15: good / May 16: no change / May 17: stuck due to memory issue / May 18: in progress. results in 4hrs
- Note: docker image builds are failing on the creation of helm charts. Last successful docker image build was a week ago
- Debian Container Image Builds (including Base Image)
- Debian docker images will not be used in stx.7.0. The basic framework exists now; will finish this off in stx.8.0
- Feature Update -- Features with mid-May Code Merge Date
- Kubernetes custom configuration support (partial) - Fcst: May 10 >> Code Merged on May 4. There are some bugs to address.
- Armada Deprecation / Replacement - FluxCD - Fcst: May 20 >> Re-forecasted to May 27 to cover app upgrades and Debian integration
- K8S & Container Components Refresh - k8s 1.22/1.23. Fcst: May 10 >> k8s 1.23 is merged, but not the default in the load. Re-forecasted to May 30
- Container CNI Component Refresh. Fcst May 17 >> In progress, but need a few more day. Re-forecasted to May 24.
- Platform Application Refresh - metric-server >> Need to follow-up on FluxCD conversion status before feature testing starts
- Test Update
- Feature Testing
- Still need to update the Release Planning spreadsheet based on the minutes from the last meeting
- Regression Testing
- Action: Rob to confirm regression start and end dates. Currently forecasted for Jun 6 & Jun 27 respectively.
- Sanity reports are still reported as Red. 1 issue addressed. 1 on-going. 1 new.
- Intel has extended their sanity contribtion to May 20.
- They're trying to help us get to a green sanity before they move on.
- WR Sanity
- Still trying to get a working sanity env. Team stretched due to other priority.
- TBD whether the same sanity cadence can be maintained.
More information about the Starlingx-discuss