[Starlingx-discuss] Minutes: Community Call (Oct 5, 2022)

Khalil, Ghada Ghada.Khalil at windriver.com
Tue Oct 11 22:30:28 UTC 2022

Etherpad: https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/stx-status

Minutes from the community call
October 5, 2022
Meeting is at 7pm PDT/ 10pm EDT / +1 10am CST

Standing topics
- Build
     - Main Branch CentOS Builds
          - Green builds all week
     - Main Branch Debian Builds
          - Green until 2 days ago. 
          - A change to the build-tools broke the Jenkins Builds. Fix merged and load is rebuilding now.
- Sanity
     - CentOS Main Branch Sanity w/o stx-openstack
          - No Longer will be run based on Debian Sanity working.
     - CentOS Main Branch Sanity w/ stx-openstack
          - Lab Issue - Investigating; LP may be generated to track this.
          - Previous LP: https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1991115 resolved as of October 3.
     - Debian Main Branch Sanity
          - First run today:  Success on Sanity today.
          - Action: Rob to look at plan to start these executions        STATUS:   First successful run today.
          - Need to consider an overlap period with both CentOS & Debian sanities running to ensure Debian is stable before discontinuing CentOS sanity.
                - No plans for overlap on sanity; will focus only on Debian sanity from now on.
- Gerrit Reviews in Need of Attention
     - None brought forward in the meeting
     - Reference Links:
          - Active Branch (open): https://review.opendev.org/q/projects:starlingx+is:open+branch:+master
          - Active Branch (merged): https://review.opendev.org/q/projects:starlingx+is:merged+branch:master

Topics for this week
- StarlingX Patch Process & StarlingX Upgrade Testing
     - PTG Topic to be  added for discussion
- Upcoming Elections
     - Email from Ildiko: https://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2022-September/013381.html
     - Discussed in the TSC portion of the meeting
     - Tuesday-Wednesday October 18-19
     - Etherpad: https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/stx-ptg-planning-october-2022 
     - Discussed in the TSC portion of the meeting

ARs from Previous Meetings
- Action: Rob to confirm if the bi-weekly build meeting is active and send the date for the next meeting to the mailing list.
     - Meeting is not currently active.
     - Rob has sent out email to mailing list on changes to time for meeting.

Open Requests for Help
- Rebuilding ISOs
     - Raised by Scott Kamp
     - Still under discussion
     - Previous Actions: still open
          - Action: Rob to re-share build meeting link as per above.
          - Action: Scott Little will also look at the latest updates to the build guide as they were updated recently. 
          - ACTION: Mike Matteson to investigate whether Scott Little has time to spend with Scott Kamp in resolving build issues in short term before PTG talks on this topic.
- Enabling cpu_dedicated_set
     - https://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2022-September/013382.html
     - No update on this; re-look at this next week.

More information about the Starlingx-discuss mailing list