[Starlingx-discuss] New IRC channel for Gerrit notifications

Bailey, Henry Albert (Al) Al.Bailey at windriver.com
Sat Oct 22 15:45:00 UTC 2022

I agree.  I think that makes sense.
Al

-----Original Message-----
From: Ildiko Vancsa <ildiko.vancsa at gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, October 21, 2022 5:38 PM
To: StarlingX ML <starlingx-discuss at lists.starlingx.io>
Subject: [Starlingx-discuss] New IRC channel for Gerrit notifications

[Please note: This e-mail is from an EXTERNAL e-mail address]

Hi StarlingX Community,

I’m reaching out to you about a topic with regards to IRC that came up during the community building discussions at the recent PTG.

Currently we have one IRC channel for project related conversations and information sharing on the OFTC network called #starlingx. We also have a few bots set up for this channel, one of which sends a notification to the channel whenever there is a new change that is proposed or get merged into any of the StarlingX repos. While it is a useful feature, it makes the project channel very noisy and makes it hard to maintain a conversation due to the high volume of Gerrit notifications.

I would like to propose to create a new IRC channel for the Gerrit bot messages, to keep them available without flooding the project’s main IRC channel. We could call it #starlingx-gerrit.

What do you all think?

Thanks and Best Regards,
Ildikó

———