[Starlingx-discuss] Minutes: Community Call (Aug 31 2022)

Khalil, Ghada Ghada.Khalil at windriver.com
Thu Sep 1 18:03:49 UTC 2022

Etherpad: https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/stx-status

Minutes from the community call
August 31, 2022

Standing topics
- Build
     - r/stx.7.0 Builds
          - On demand
          - Build requested and initiated on Aug 30. Build was successful.
          - Build includes fix for openstack LP: https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1970645 
     - Main Branch CentOS Builds
          - Container build failure reported: https://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2022-August/013304.html
          - Davlet will investigate
     - Main Branch Debian Builds
          - Debian build is in progress
          - One failure was seen during the weekend; was a CENGN server clock issue.
          - One potential bug is under investigation. LP will be created once confirmed.
- Sanity
     - Main Branch Sanity w/o stx-openstack
          - Not restarted due to bandwidth issues. Will restart after stx.7.0 sanity is complete.
     - Main Branch Sanity w/ stx-openstack
          - Env issues resolved; were able to run one previous sanity and hit https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1970645  which is now resolved.
          - Not restarted due to bandwidth issues. Will restart after stx.7.0 sanity is complete.
     - stx.7.0 sanity
          - Sanity starting today (Aug 31) on the latest build (Aug 30): https://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2022-August/013307.html
          - Plan to run w/ and w/o openstack. Should have results within 24hrs.
- Gerrit Reviews in Need of Attention
     - stx.7.0 Release Notes
          - https://review.opendev.org/c/starlingx/docs/+/850424
          - Reviewed by Ghada, Frank, Greg, Steve, Ram.  Ildiko to do final review today.
          - Action: Juanita to address final minor issues and merge before EOW.
     - FEC Operator Configurability
          - https://review.opendev.org/c/starlingx/app-sriov-fec-operator/+/845179
          - Currently failing zuul; unclear what the issue is. Email forwarded to the mailing list for help.
     - Reference Links:
          - Active Branch (open): https://review.opendev.org/q/projects:starlingx+is:open+branch:+master
          - Active Branch (merged): https://review.opendev.org/q/projects:starlingx+is:merged+branch:master

Topics for this week
- stx.7.0 Status
     - Release Branch:
          - https://review.opendev.org/q/branch:r/stx.7.0
          - Two review are still open: https://review.opendev.org/q/branch:r/stx.7.0+status:open
          - Minor as they just setup the .gitreview for the repo
     - Open Bugs: https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bugs?field.tag=stx.7.0
          - None
     - Release Milestones ( https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/171PJAu9SykXm9h9Ny2IsZ8YMbhvEwOzuTbISWUMQhiE/edit#gid=0 )
          - Minor re-forecast this week
          - Sanity/Final Regression Complete: Aug 17   >> Re-forecast: Aug 31 >> Re-forecast: Sep 2
          - Release: Aug 24 >> Re-forecast: Sep 7 >> Re-forecast: Sep 9
          - Need a day or two for Scott to do the branch tagging and move the built artifacts to the proper location.
- REMINDER!! TSC & Community Meeting Schedule
     - Updated to meet during an APAC-friendly time once a month; first Wednesday of the month
     - First meeting on Sept 7.
- REMINDER!! Board of Directors Meeting
     - https://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2022-August/013281.html
     - Scheduled on Sept 7 9am Eastern
     - All is welcome to attend
     - Etherpad available to collect topics for discussion: https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/2022-summer-bod-starlingx-sync
- Discussion with Scott V Kamp (https://launchpad.net/~skamp007)
     - wireguard discussion / build discussion / improving community communication discussion
     - Discussion about his participation move actively in the community
     - Next steps: 
          - Recommend for Scott to join the distro-os bi-weekly calls: Every other Wednesday 9:30am Eastern (next meeting: Sep 14)
          - Follow Up discussion w/ Steve Geary

ARs from Previous Meetings
- None

Open Requests for Help
- Base OS for stx.6.0: https://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2022-August/013206.html
     - Still no response on the thread, the person followed-up with mentioning issues of nvidia driver install
     - Action: Greg ... still pending due to vacation.
- Wireguard issue
     - Tracked by LP: https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1984125
     - Scott Kamp (issue reporter) attended this week to discuss an update.
     - From MarkA: The stx OS team will enable the wireguard in the kernel in StarlingX. However the OS team will not do specific testing/support on wireguard due to bandwidth constraints.

More information about the Starlingx-discuss mailing list