[Starlingx-discuss] What is the base OS for Starlingx Release 6

open infra openinfradn at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 17:05:02 UTC 2022

Hi Ildiko,

Sorry for the late reply.
I was strugling to install dependencies (gcc) for Nvidia GPU drivers on STX
6 worker nodes.
Finally created a local repo and inststalled dependencies using 'Developer
Toolset 8' [1].
It would be great if correct gcc version available for stx 7 worker nodes.

My original question is about, why CentOS 7 is use as the baseos for nodes.
But later I noticed still CentOS7 get maintainer updates [2]

[1]
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_developer_toolset/8/html/8.0_release_notes/dts8.0_release
[2] https://wiki.centos.org/About/Product

Regards