[Starlingx-discuss] Minutes: Community Call (Sep 7 2022)

Khalil, Ghada Ghada.Khalil at windriver.com
Fri Sep 9 23:58:06 UTC 2022

Etherpad: https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/stx-status

Minutes from the community call
September 7, 2022

** Today's meeting is at 7pm PDT/ 10pm EDT / +1 10am CST
** Good participation from Asia participants

Standing topics
- Build
     - Main Branch CentOS Builds
          - Latest builds are green
          - Had one container build failure which has been addressed. LP: https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1988854
     - Main Branch Debian Builds
          - Builds are green/successful for the last 6 days.
- Sanity
     - Main Branch Sanity w/o stx-openstack
          - Restarting weekly execution next week. To be executed every Tuesday.
     - Main Branch Sanity w/ stx-openstack
          - Also restarting weekly execution next week. Target weekday is TBD.
     - Team is also working on automating sanity emails to the mailing list
     - stx.7.0 sanity
          - Sanity is green w/ openstack as of Sept 6
          - https://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2022-September/013320.html
          - https://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2022-September/013335.html
- Gerrit Reviews in Need of Attention
     - stx.7.0 Release Notes
          - https://review.opendev.org/c/starlingx/docs/+/850424  -- Merged
     - FEC Operator Configurability
          - https://review.opendev.org/c/starlingx/app-sriov-fec-operator/+/845179
          - zuul issues are resolved thru suggestions on the mailing list. 
          - Team is now debugging issue w/ CentOS build-iso failing; solution has been identified. 
          - Next step is to refresh the review. Targeting merge by EOW.
     - Reference Links:
          - Active Branch (open): https://review.opendev.org/q/projects:starlingx+is:open+branch:+master
          - Active Branch (merged): https://review.opendev.org/q/projects:starlingx+is:merged+branch:master

Topics for this week
- stx.7.0 Status
     - Sanity is green w/ openstack
          - https://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2022-September/013320.html
          - https://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2022-September/013335.html
     - Final regression complete
          - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19OQmmo5OfD1eHS8rp5uBgnVaS7i8J-NhQuiKVqcyZ0Y/edit#gid=1717644237
     - Release process has started as per email to the mailing list
          - https://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2022-September/013343.html
     - Release Milestones ( https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/171PJAu9SykXm9h9Ny2IsZ8YMbhvEwOzuTbISWUMQhiE/edit#gid=0 )
          - Sanity/Final Regression Complete: Aug 17   >> Re-forecast: Aug 31 >> Re-forecast: Sep 2 >> Complete: Sept 6
          - Release: Aug 24 >> Re-forecast: Sep 7 >> Re-forecast: Sep 9
     - Blogs
          - Plan is to have the press release blog out on Tuesday Sep 13
              - Pull Request is already posted: https://github.com/StarlingXWeb/starlingx-website/pull/201/
              - It will be merged once the release is announced
          - Debian blog is also ready to go, but will be released a month or so later
          - Two other blogs are also planned: PTP Enhancements & Subcloud Local Installs
              - These will be published at later dates
     - Build Artifacts
          - http://mirror.starlingx.cengn.ca/mirror/starlingx/release/7.0.0/
- Board of Directors Meeting
     - Meeting held earlier today on Sept 7 9am Eastern
     - Etherpad: https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/2022-summer-bod-starlingx-sync
     - Main themes discussed are around growing the user and contributor community
     - Next follow-up meeting will be held in two months. Ildiko will send the meeting info to the mailing list once scheduled.

ARs from Previous Meetings
- None

Open Requests for Help
- Base OS for stx.6.0: https://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2022-August/013206.html
     - Still no response on the thread, the person followed-up with mentioning issues of nvidia driver install
     - Action: Greg ... still pending
- Wireguard issue
     - Tracked by LP: https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1984125
     - Next step: The OS team to provide a forecast to enable this on the main branch. Linda Wang took the action in the bi-weekly OS meeting.
- Rebuilding ISOs
     - Raised on the call by Scott Kamp
     - Scott and team are struggling to rebuild the starlingx source to prototype code changes. The documented process does not seem to be clear.
     - Suggestion is to attend the bi-weekly build meeting to provide feedback and get help.
     - Action: Rob to confirm if the bi-weekly build meeting is active and send the date for the next meeting to the mailing list.

Scott will also look at the latest updates to the build guide as they were updated recently.

More information about the Starlingx-discuss mailing list