[Starlingx-discuss] [PL][TL] Updating the projects.yaml file

Ildiko Vancsa ildiko.vancsa at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 00:25:39 UTC 2022

Hi StarlingX Community,

I’m reaching out to you in connection to the upcoming PL/TL/TSC elections.

One of the preparation steps of the election process is to identify the project contributors who are eligible to participate in the process. To collect the majority of the information the election officials use a script that pulls information from the project’s git repositories and directly from the ‘projects.yaml’[1] file in the governance repository. The list of git repositories that belong to each StarlingX sub-project is also extracted from the ‘projects.yaml' file.

To ensure that we have an accurate list of electorate for the upcoming elections, I would like to ask the PLs to please look into the aforementioned file and make sure that both the list of repositories as well as the list of ‘extra-atcs’ are up to date!

‘extra-atcs’: Only list the people who are participating in a sub-project but did NOT have merged commits in any of the project’s repositories in the past 12 months.

With regards to the list of ‘extra-atcs’, there is an 'expires-in’ field that also needs to be updated. For people who are still active in the community, it is a great time to update that field and extend it with one year.

ALL PROJECT LEADS: please update the information for your projects in the projects.yaml file, if needed, __by Wednesday (October 12)__.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Ildikó

[1] https://opendev.org/starlingx/governance/src/branch/master/reference/tsc/projects.yaml