[Starlingx-discuss] Community Call Meeting Minutes
ildiko at openinfra.dev
Thu Apr 6 03:06:41 UTC 2023
Hi StarlingX community,
We had a handful of people on the Community call today. We decided to use the meeting to discuss some ongoing challenges and next steps.
Scott Kamp brought up a few items with regards to network configuration recommendations and challenges within the platform:
* Network bond + LAG
- The documentation suggests 3 networks in a standards setup. This translates to 6 interfaces when setting up a LAG, which is too many.
- Using VLAN as a workaround doesn’t always work, not every commercial network provider allows for that setup.
- There’s an issue with bonding in Debian Bullseye
+ See the earlier email on starlingx-discuss: https://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2023-March/013877.html
+ —> Has anyone ran or looked into the above issue? ^^
- While Wireguard is enabled on StarlingX, Wireguard tools is not. Scott and team are working on testing and adding it
* Calico support
- Scott and team are working with Calico and are planning to add that to the platform
- Scott will propose a spec to introduce the feature idea and move the conversation forward
* Addressing the lower attendance
- Wednesday was a public holiday in China, which probably affected attendance on Thursday morning
- Ildiko will look into advertising the APAC time slot call better in the region
Director of Community
Open Infrastructure Foundation
More information about the Starlingx-discuss