[Starlingx-discuss] Updating the project's one-pager

Waines, Greg Greg.Waines at windriver.com
Mon Apr 10 23:41:20 UTC 2023

Yeah ... this is old.

- the picture at the bottom of page 1 is basically StarlingX R1.0 ... i.e. only OpenStack and no Kubernetes
       * Kubernetes needs to be added
       * also the Containerized OpenStack that we have today (R8.0) has MUCH fewer OpenStack services (i.e. we no longer support Ironic, Magnum, Swift, Murano, or Telemetry)

- Two big items that need to be added to this 'one pager' are
      * Kubernetes ... the contributions over the last several releases have been primarily focused on the StarlingX Bare Metal Kubernetes Solution
	> i.e. StarlingX should be being compared to OKD
     * Distributed Cloud ... managing geographically distributed autonomous Edge Clouds at scale is the primary use case for StarlingX ... and we don't talk about this here.

Greg.