[Starlingx-discuss] Testing activities, tasks and resources
ildiko at openinfra.dev
Wed Apr 12 23:52:49 UTC 2023
Hi StarlingX Community,
I’m reaching out to follow up on the testing topics, that we briefly touched on during the recent virtual PTG.
The topics that came up:
* Existing activities that the community is doing to ensure that every release of the platform is thoroughly tested.
- Part of that, Wind River is currently providing resources to run the more complex regression and sanity test jobs.
- Automated unit and functional testing performed by the Zuul platform that runs on OpenDev resources.
* Extending support for different hardware architectures.
- This activity will need additional testing as well, either on community resources or as third-party testing.
* Test coverage and adding new tests.
- Look into run some of the more complex tests with Zuul
- Measure test coverage more actively, and increase it
In addition to the above, we had a newcomer on today’s Community call who was interested in donating infrastructure for builds, and get involved in testing activities later on as well.
As the test meetings are not running currently, what is the best forum to discuss testing related topics and activities such as the above? Do we have any documentation and information about ongoing testing efforts to contribute to?
Thanks and Best Regards,
Director of Community
Open Infrastructure Foundation
More information about the Starlingx-discuss