[Starlingx-discuss] Updating the project's one-pager

Ildiko Vancsa ildiko at openinfra.dev
Tue Apr 18 21:05:38 UTC 2023

Hi StarlingX Community,

Thank you everyone who got the opportunity to provide feedback about the project’s one-pager.

I would like to quickly summarize where we are and ask a few follow-up questions:

* Main items to add, change or update
  - Refresh the project’s description to reflect on the transformation it went through since the first release, and highlight the current features and focus areas
  - Add information about the Distributed Cloud architecture
  - Add information about the now container-based platform
  - Replace the diagram to one that reflects the project’s current architecture better
  - Add the 'https://www.starlingx.io/software’ link for further resources to learn about the project
  - Reshuffling the second page with the use cases and features to make it look more exciting and relatable

I also have a few questions to clarify some of the comments and decide on how to address them.

* Diagram
  - The current diagram is outdated
  - Would the current diagram on the website work to replace it with: https://www.starlingx.io/static/3dbe793665eb7c5b28158e8a1c1d9b22/5dbbf/StarlingX_Diagram_Distributed_Edge_Cloud_Native_v3.jpg ?

* Learn more about the features
  - We have a few demo videos on the project’s website to showcase some of the features
  - Is there any other place to point people to beyond the demo videos?

* OpenStack services
  - Is there a list available that shows the supported OpenStack services in 8.0?

Are there any further comments or feedback that people would like to share about the one-pager?

Thanks and Best Regards,
Ildikó

———

Ildikó Váncsa