[Starlingx-discuss] Minutes: StarlingX Release Meeting - Feb 1/2023
Ghada.Khalil at windriver.com
Thu Feb 2 02:07:04 UTC 2023
Agenda/Minutes are posted at:
Release Team Meeting - Feb 1 2023
- Reference Links:
- Release/Feature Planning: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cjhRQm717zOTo2ngs5SEs3elhJwSRxFAI-ruqJaBe80/edit#gid=1107209846
- Release Verification:
- Folder: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1E_AQPxVrNnbVtSqQ9_CdqYidqMmYcq4n
- Feature Testing: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yzlArypq3sgdNdYzMwBONLnOsx6OqMpxj6KT0P6Pc6M/edit#gid=968103774
- Regression Testing: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1b5w2oLlGwipTlrNysWwl1JnM1dvyboIIQhpBJLcZECI/edit#gid=1717644237
- Feature Status
- 28 features are Done.
- stx-openstack Features
- Debian: Migrate Openstack app related packages
- Team still working on LP: https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/2003813 needs to be resolved for stx.8.0
- This issue affects sanity as it fails 4 TCs
- Team is actively working on the issue. WIP code review opened. Will cherry-pick if this isn't addressed by the branch creation
- Update openstack application containers to use Debian base image
- Code Complete as of Jan 31
- 18 images are ported to Debian. They're all building successfully.
- helm charts updates are also merged.
- Jan 31 build should have everything that is needed. As per Scott, Jan 30 build seems to be stuck, so need to investigate.
- The plan is to run sanity once the required build is available: Feb 1-2
- Test Status
- Automation regression has been executed on AIO-DX on Jan 30; no issues reported.
- Will also run another final automated regression once the branch is created.
- stx.8.0: https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bugs?field.tag=stx.8.0
- 3 Bugs Remaining:
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/2002280 - kernel CVE
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/2003813 - openstack sanity issue
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/2004428 - CentOS build issue -- Forecast: Feb 1
- stx.8.0 Release Decisions
- Criteria to create the release branch
- Automated regression is complete and no gating issues >> Complete
- Openstack yellow sanity w/ Debian images >> Expected before EOW: Feb 2
- Branch Creation - Starting Feb 6
- Ghada to send email to mailing list
- PLs / Cores to ask team to be careful with submissions to avoid introducing new issues
- Release Notes
- Starting on Feb 2. Code review planned for Feb 6.
- Note: Scott will branch the docs unless he hears otherwise from Juanita.
- Release Press Release
- Suggestions for features to highlight:
- First release based on Debian OS
- Staying current with k8s 1.24
- FEC Device Configurability (fec-operator Integration) for ACC100 & N3000
- PTP O-RAN Compliant API Notification
- SSH integration with remote Windows Active Directory
- Platform Single Core Tuning
- PTP Enhancements - Multiple NIC Support / SyncE / Various NIC Support - Prime: Ghada Khalil
- Forecast: mid-Sept >> end-Oct >> mid-Dec >> end-Jan / Author: Cole Walker
- Status: Not Started. Need to re-forecast
- Subcloud Local Install - Prime: RamS
- Forecast: end-Nov >> mid-Jan / Author: Shrikumar Sharma
- Status: Published. https://github.com/StarlingXWeb/starlingx-website/pull/218
- New release folder created: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1beMET3I7GGa79tv4wfwzeKTy-yFVl6xR?usp=share_link
- New Release/Feature Planning: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aTjYzUkExodfayt-rjTv466jE-DP8b_YjrTHhXW6G9w/edit?usp=sharing
- Populated with deferred features from stx.8.0
- No new features proposed yet
More information about the Starlingx-discuss