[Starlingx-discuss] [docs] [meeting] Docs team notes 01-02-23
Juanita.Balaraj at windriver.com
Fri Feb 3 03:58:48 UTC 2023
Here are this week's docs team meeting minutes (short form). Details in .
Join us if you have interest in StarlingX docs! We meet on Wednesdays 12:30 PST.
 Call logistics: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Starlingx/Meetings<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Starlingx/Meetings__;!!AjveYdw8EvQ!NoQkF8y98qm5bzC0aLXc-Ha2PwKv0IoJNr9KxUYiPgSUBLYKlyANyi-m6SBGKv10OKvS5zE$>
 Tracking Etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-documentation<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-documentation__;!!AjveYdw8EvQ!NoQkF8y98qm5bzC0aLXc-Ha2PwKv0IoJNr9KxUYiPgSUBLYKlyANyi-m6SBGKv10sTSK2HE$>
Stx 9.0 Release Tracking Spreadsheet created: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aTjYzUkExodfayt-rjTv466jE-DP8b_YjrTHhXW6G9w/edit?usp=sharing
Stx 8.0. Release - February 22nd
Scott Little is cutting the Stx 8.0 doc branch on Monday 6th - Version Menu to be updated - AR Ron/ Scott
- https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cjhRQm717zOTo2ngs5SEs3elhJwSRxFAI-ruqJaBe80/edit#gid=1107209846 - Doc Tasks created - Doc Team to ensure Stories/Tasks are added to the commit messages - Ongoing WIP
- Stx 8.0 Release Notes - AR Juanita
- events.yaml - Applies only to master and it was implemented in 8.0 and forward...
- Reviewers need to refer to https://docs.starlingx.io/fault-mgmt/index-fault-98d5f50a9b8c.html to view updated alarms and log files.
- Alarm updates are only supported on Master - Manual updates need to be implemented on the branches for alarms (events.yaml) since script is not supported on the branches as of date.
- Doc Team to be included as part of the Gerrit review cycle for any alarm updates in the event.yaml files - To discuss details with Greg Waines / Frank Miller / Ghada (To update the Contributor Guide after discussion with the primes with the required process)
Installation Guide - Restructuring of the Installation Guide is WIP and the plan is to deliver for stx 8.0?? - Completed the flattening of the TOC.....Flattening of TOC not being implemented on older branches. Simplified on stx 6.0 / stx 7.0 (makes cherry picks easier)
- Open Reviews pending; https://review.opendev.org/q/starlingx/docs+status:open - Merged 3 Reviews
Launchpad Doc Bugs:
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bugs?field.tag=stx.docs Total 6 bugs outstanding - The DOC team to create LP defects corresponding with any DS defects - WIP. Teams to add all the impacted Releases when raising a LP bug
- Backslashes to be removed from rst files wherever applicable especially in code blocks, for example, \(code\_remove\) - To be cleaned up in rst files as the files are being updated for any doc Gerrit reviews.
- Numbering in the Distributed Cloud Guide is causing issues - AR Ron to check - WIP
- Sphinx Tools - Need to have further discussions about the version used upstream vs. downstream - AR Ron -To determine version.
- Reviews for Install directory structure for Stx 6.0 / Stx 7.0 - AR Ron
- Operations Guide Archive - On Hold until further clarifications are discussed with Greg (https://review.opendev.org/c/starlingx/docs/+/822030)
Starlingx-discuss mailing list
Starlingx-discuss at lists.starlingx.io<mailto:Starlingx-discuss at lists.starlingx.io>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Starlingx-discuss