[Starlingx-discuss] Minutes: Community Call (Feb 8, 2023)
Ghada.Khalil at windriver.com
Thu Feb 9 21:58:52 UTC 2023
Minutes from the community call
February 8, 2023
- Main Branch Debian Builds
- One build failed on Feb 7; issue is still under investigation; maybe related to cross contamination w/ stx.8.0
- Main Branch CentOS Builds
- Last build was green before the builds were stopped
- Stopped as of Feb 7.
- Email sent to the mailing list: https://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2023-February/013817.html
- stx.8.0 RC Builds
- Initial build failed; issue is understood. It's related to Jenkins pipelines as this is the first release branch using this mechanism.
- Fix in progress and planning another build attempt at 2pm EST.
- Builds will be on demand
- stx.6.0 Weekly Builds
- Build Output: http://mirror.starlingx.cengn.ca/mirror/starlingx/rc/6.0/
- stx.7.0 Weekly Builds
- Build Output: http://mirror.starlingx.cengn.ca/mirror/starlingx/rc/7.0/
- Debian Main Branch Sanity
- Last sanity email sent on Feb 8: https://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2023-February/013818.html
- Status: Green for both SX & DX
- stx-openstack Debian Main Branch Sanity
- Last sanity email sent on Feb 3: https://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2023-February/013799.html
- Status: Yellow
- LP: https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/2003813 addressed as of Feb 6 before the branch creation
- Expecting another sanity report on Thurs Feb 9
- should be green given the above LP was merged
- Starting next week, stx-opentack sanity will move to Monday. Reports to be sent out on Tuesday.
- stx.8.0 Sanity
- Should have an RC build by EOD Feb 8
- Plan in place to run platform & stx-openstack sanity on the RC build later this week.
- Plan in place to run extended regression starting Monday Feb 13
- Gerrit Reviews in Need of Attention
- From previous meetings: Fixes to libvirt env: https://review.opendev.org/c/starlingx/tools/+/863735
- Review comments provided in Nov; still waiting for author (Scott Kamp) to respond/address review comments
- Jan 18: Some activity in the review as of Jan 15
- Feb 1: Alternative fix proposed on Jan 18; waiting for ScottK's review
- Reference Links:
- Active Branch (open): https://review.opendev.org/q/projects:starlingx+is:open+branch:+master
- Active Branch (merged): https://review.opendev.org/q/projects:starlingx+is:merged+branch:master
Topics for this week
- Zuul Issues
- Support for py27 was removed from zuul earlier this week. This resulted in code failing to merge.
- This is now addressed by updating the stx zuul jobs to remove the py27 jobs
- We will need to do this for other release branches if there are code merges to those branches
- Bruce Jones returns to StarlingX
- Bruce is now part of WR!!
- Welcome back Bruce!
- Release Status
- Release Tracking Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cjhRQm717zOTo2ngs5SEs3elhJwSRxFAI-ruqJaBe80/edit#gid=1107209846
- Upcoming Milestones:
- Milestone-3: Jan 18 >> Jan 25 >> Jan 27 / Actual: Jan 31
- Feature Test Complete: Jan 25 >> Jan 31 >> Feb 2 / Actual: Feb 2
- Regression Test Complete: Jan 25 / Actual: Jan 30
- RC1 (branch creation / stx.8.0 builds): Feb 1 >> Feb 6
- Branch Created: https://review.opendev.org/q/projects:starlingx+branch:r/stx.8.0
- RC builds in progress
- Final Regression Complete: Feb 15
- Plan in place. Waiting for stx.8.0 rc build
- Release: Feb 22
- Feature Status:
- All features are complete
- stx.8.0: https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bugs?field.tag=stx.8.0
- All tagged bugs have been addressed
- Release Notes
- Started. Review to be sent on Feb 10.
- stx-openstack sanity >> trending in the right direction
- Feature proposals starting to get added to the tracking spreadsheet.
- Call to community members/PLs to continue adding their proposals.
- Would like to have the majority of features proposed by the March virtual PTG
- Dates: March 28-29
- Release Tracking Spreadsheet created: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aTjYzUkExodfayt-rjTv466jE-DP8b_YjrTHhXW6G9w/edit?usp=sharing
ARs from Previous Meetings
Open Requests for Help
- StarlingX Support on ARM
- Not currently supported on StarlingX, but should be more doable with the move to Debian and the yocto kernel
- ARM Support would definitely require work to support, including build system support
- A few years ago MarkA and Greg did some prototype work on orange-pie
- MarkA will respond to the mailing list and further the conversation
- Perhaps the reporter is interested in doing some work towards this
- Would be ideal to invite the reporter to the PTG or an upcoming community call
- stx-openstack apply failed after enabling cpu_dedicated_setInbox
- Seen w/ stx.7.0. Issue only happens when setting cpu dedicated CPUs on a running system. During the unlock, the openstack fails to re-apply.
- LP: https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/2002157
- Assigned to Thales; not investigated yet; team focused on stx.8.0 and openstack sanity.
- Reached out to reporter, so they have a view of the status. They're fine to wait until the team has bandwidth
- Documenting Tested Hardware by the community
- Action: Scott Kamp will discuss documenting community tested hardware with the TSC
More information about the Starlingx-discuss