[Starlingx-discuss] Bi-Weekly StarlingX OS Distro & Multi-OS meeting: Feb 8, 2023
Linda.Wang at windriver.com
Tue Feb 21 04:03:49 UTC 2023
Feb 8, 2023
Attendees: Mike, Fabiano, Linda, Scott, Davelet, Mark
1. General Topics
0.1 Split package list betweeen repositories (ISO and container images)
* * AI: We'll need to look closely to see if there is any further improvement needed.
0.2 Log into the git before download the source.
* * How to pass the credential through the tooling layer when log into git repo.
* * workaround: currently use repo sync outside of the containers.
* * AI: Scott to write up a feature request for the tool - file a request in Story Board.
0.3 Pre-patch ISO (Luis) (Carols replacing Luis Barbosa)
* AI: to invite Carlos Pocahy to this meeting to discuss Pre-patch ISO. [Done]
II. StarlingX 8.0
0.1 Secureboot Enablement
* Working on Key in a separte repo.
* Need to have a different repo/storage to storage keys without changing any code.
* * Scott is creating the git and manifest setup. Fix up the meta data in control file, and send that back to LiZhu.
* One option is to interface with the concept of Vault.
* Sent the checksum into the Vault to get sign. and the key is always in the Vault.
* Put the public key into the public key ring.
* Level of indirection, to put the signing method(s) behind an API.
* AI: to invite DevSecOPs team from Studio side to discuss Vault's implementation. (lwang8 to invite Yasin) [Done]
0.2 ISO size bigginer than 4G
with OOT driver may need to include the kernel source/debug package that will allow OOT tree driver to be built on customer target.
* This will add the ISO size back up to greater than 4G.
* Extension to the ISO build standard, 9660, for longer file names, addresses the daisy chain of the ISO for larger archieve.
* AI: need to investigate the "ISO daisy chain extension of another 4G, and tooling needs. Need to createa story board ticket.
0.3 Kernel Live Patching Integration with the build system
* start to look into the requirements of integration of feature.
0.4 STX tree udpate
* * Built a temp, and failure to STX8 docker images due to invalid tag.
0.5 CentOS7 on main (master) branch build
* Build has stopped/disabled on Feb 7.
0.6 Initramfs will changed for new driver updates
* per one of the patch under review: https://review.opendev.org/c/starlingx/tools/+/872867
* initramfs should *only* be updated if it needs modifications to gain access to the rootfs. This will not mean that it never gets updated, but it will be rare.
3. Open Request for help
* * Raspberry Pi support as Edge.
* * AI: Mark to reply to the thread and investigate further.
Next Meeting: Feb 22, 2023
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Starlingx-discuss