[Starlingx-discuss] deploy starlingx simplex on Intel NUC

voipas voipas at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 14:32:31 UTC 2023

Hey,

  I would like to deploy the latest version of Starlingx on Intel
NUC12WSKi5 with 32 GB RAM storage, I have Disk1: 2 TB disk and Disk2: 500
GB.
According to your documentation, it is required to have a minimum two
interfaces, NUC only has single. That's why I have USB Ethernet.

According to this article -
https://github.com/marcelarosalesj/learning-starlingx/blob/master/nuc.md -
I need patch starlingx kernel and create a boot disk (as per my
understanding directly downloaded ISO does not have such kernel modules).

So my question is :
- might there be a way to deploy with a single network , and no additional
ports required (to play and learn at home in simplex mode)?
- for home lab, might it be better to install proxmox and create a VM and
install Starlingx?
- If no, do you have the latest developer document , how can we build a
custom iso with USB Ethernet? Now it looks old and for Centos, not debian...

Thanks in advance
--
Best Regards,
Giedrius