[Starlingx-discuss] Diversity and Inclusion survey and efforts at OpenInfra

Ildiko Vancsa ildiko at openinfra.dev
Thu Jan 12 04:52:28 UTC 2023

Hi Starlingx Community,

I’m reaching out to you to raise awareness about the Diversity & Inclusion Working Group (D&I WG)[1] and its efforts.

The working group is a top-level working group under the OpenInfra Foundation and is working with the OpenInfra communities and Board of Directors to help the communities to build and maintain a diverse and inclusive environment. It is crucial for every OpenInfra community, including StarlingX to participate in these efforts to ensure that the project has all the resources to build an ecosystem where all people feel safe and welcomed.

The D&I WG is currently targeting to create and release a new survey to help understand contributor demographics as well as challenges they face as they are participating in the projects they are interested in. To ensure that all projects get meaningful information that they care about, the working group is inviting and encouraging contributors from every community, including StarlingX, to participate.

As an example to what scope the survey covers, please see this older OpenStack Diversity Survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/OpenStackDiversity

The aim is to finalize and have the new survey available by the OpenInfra Summit in June. People who are participating in the effort will use the D&I WG meetings and the group’s PTG session to make progress.

I’m looking for a few volunteers to participate in the D&I efforts. Who from the community would be interested?

Thanks and Best Regards,
Ildikó

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Diversity

———