[Starlingx-discuss] StarlingX CI/CD setup on Arm platform

Huang, Jie (Jackie) Jackie.Huang at windriver.com
Mon Jul 31 04:56:39 UTC 2023

Hi, Scott Kamp and Scott Little,

I found the following actions in the meeting minutes in stx-status | OpenDev Etherpad<https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/stx-status>:

o    ARM Support
§  Action: Scott Kamp to respond to Jackie/the mailing list to provide assistance/access to some arm machines
§  Action: Scott Little to respond regarding build questions
・         Cannot mirror more files on CENGN; will need to wait until we transition away from CENGN
・         Action: Scott Kamp to explore providing a hosting env temporarily

So I think you might be able to help on Trevor’s and my questions:

There would be 6 Arm servers contributed to our community for CI/CD (2 for build, 4 for testing of different deployment configs), what we want to know is:

  1.  What needs to be done for the CICD workflow setup and how?
     *   E.g. how to setup build servers and testing env?
     *   What CICD tools need to be setup? Zuul/Jenkins/etc.
     *   Are there any docs for these setups?
  2.  How many efforts and how long will it take?
  3.  Is there a CICD team or someone that can help on the setup or just providing useful information?

Thanks,
Jackie