[Starlingx-discuss] Question about alarms in StarlingX

Richard Schmitt richard.schmitt at starlab.io
Mon Jun 12 21:59:19 UTC 2023

Sorry if this isn’t the right place to ask this question.

We want to create user alarms in OpenStack. We are not very knowledgeable of OpenStack. Ultimately, we’d like to raise alarms and have them appear in the Horizon Fault Management page or via the fm CLI. It does not appear that StarlingX has anything to do with creating or raising alarms. There are some references in OpenStack documentation on aodh but that service is not deployed in our configuration.

I’m not entirely sure whether OpenStack supports extensible alarms. Perhaps that’s why I’m finding so little info on it. Any pointers on where I should look?

Thanks,
Rich