[Starlingx-discuss] OpenInfra Summit, PTG and Forum summary

Ildiko Vancsa ildiko at openinfra.dev
Wed Jun 21 17:19:55 UTC 2023

Hi StarlingX Community,

I’m reaching out about the OpenInfra Summit, that happened last week in Vancouver, BC, Canada.

We had a great event with people from all around the world. We had StarlingX contributors and people interested in the project attending in person, to make connections and bring discussions forward.

Contributors and users presented at the conference to talk about their Starling X use cases or the capabilities of the project. The conference sessions were recorded and will be made available in the coming weeks on the event’s YouTube playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKqaoAnDyfgqsxQDbLj4LVpKiZSDbntuC

The StarlingX related videos will be added to the StarlingX playlist on YouTube, once available: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKqaoAnDyfgp7KWad7EAHnZ30Mdg3Ejqf

* Forum

Forum sessions are interactive sessions to provide the space and opportunity for users and project contributors to get together and discuss feedback, priorities and next steps. The StarlingX community had a short session to learn about use cases that people are considering StarlingX for.

Main discussion topics included:
  - Connectivity in rural areas
  - Industrial IoT and sensors
  - MSPs (Managed Services Providers)

Please see the Forum etherpad for notes: https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/r.65f95cd991ecd9d4de6934b865ec0f80

* PTG

Contributors and newcomers to the project had a small PTG session to discuss current work items and challenges.

Main discussion topics included:
  - Project communication - Follow-up email is in progress
  - Onboarding users and new contributors
  - Activities to move forward with implementing Arm support for StarlingX

Please see the PTG etherpad for notes: https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/r.ff22c936a2ed93cc90a8d5d342c323d1

Thanks and Best Regards,
Ildikó

———