[Starlingx-discuss] Community Communication Channels

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Jun 22 18:58:51 UTC 2023

On 2023-06-22 18:54:26 +0000 (+0000), Jeremy Stanley wrote:
[...]
> The Zuul community is making use of this option, with their
> primary discussion channel being #zuul:opendev.org for the past
> few years already.
[...]
> A middle ground, instead of a pure Matrix channel, is to join IRC
> channels through Matrix's OFTC bridge.
[...]

Oh, I meant to mention, Zuul also has some fairly straightforward
documentation about using Matrix, including as a way of accessing
traditional IRC networks:

https://zuul-ci.org/docs/zuul/latest/howtos/matrix.html

As always, the documentation is published under an open license, so
if someone wanted to use it as the basis for a similar set of
documents for the StarlingX community, that would get you a nice
head-start for newcomers too.
--
Jeremy Stanley