[Starlingx-discuss] OpenDev information and reminder

Ildiko Vancsa ildiko at openstack.org
Fri Mar 3 15:55:35 UTC 2023

Hi All,

I’m reaching out to you with information and a friendly reminder about OpenDev.

During the last preparation steps of the recent 8.0 release process, the docs team encountered a Zuul build issue. During solving the issue, we identified a couple of other ones:
* It was not clear to the Docs team who and how to reach out to when they discovered that there was an issue
* The underlying issue first appeared in the logs on February 8, but went unnoticed until February 22

To avoid the above happening again, I found it important to share some information about OpenDev: https://opendev.org

OpenDev is the set of tools and infrastructure that StarlingX and other OpenInfra communities are using for code review, testing, etc. OpenDev is also a community, where people work on maintaining and evolving the infrastructure bits and pieces for the benefit of every community that are using OpenDev resources. It is also important to mention that OpenDev is separate from Zuul.

It would be beneficial for the StarlingX community to collaborate closer with the OpenDev folks to help maintain the infrastructure and ensure that issues are uncovered and solved quickly.

You can reach out and interact with the OpenDev community on IRC or their mailing list:
* IRC #opendev on OFTC
* Mailing list: service-discuss at lists.opendev.org - http://lists.opendev.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/service-discuss

I also reported a bug and will work on the fix, to add the above information to the StarlingX Documentation https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/2009185

Best Regards,