[Starlingx-discuss] StarlingX User Survey

Ildiko Vancsa ildiko at openinfra.dev
Wed Mar 29 23:02:54 UTC 2023

Hi StarlingX Community,

We talked about the new StarlingX User Survey during the PTG session today.

We’ve launched a new version of the StarlingX User Survey a couple of months ago. Our goal with the new survey was to gather more information that the community can use to make informed decisions on setting priorities and make improvements to the platform as well as the project's resources.

We added new questions to ask for more details about the respondents’ choices in architecture and HW and SW configurations, while we also asked for more feedback about documentation and the project in general.

As of now we have 5 responses. Below please find highlights of the aggregated results:

* Survey respondents are in different phases of evaluation
  - 60% is looking into deploying Distributed Cloud as opposed to a collection of standalone clouds

* 100% of the respondents said that they will be deploying a full, containerized OpenStack cloud (stx-openstack) as part of your StarlingX environment

* Acceleration & performance
  - 80% listed 'Dedicated CPUs'
  - 60% listed 'Isolated CPUs'
  - 60% listed PTP

* Services and protocols
  - 60% listed 'Metrics server'
  - 60% listed 'SNMP'
  - 40% listed ISTIO

* Docs average score of responses
  - Usage score is 8 out of 10
  - Readability score is 8.5 out of 10
  - Complete descriptions score is 8 out of 10
  - Easy to navigate score is 8.5 out of 10

* Net Promoter Score (NPS): 8.75

As a reminder, the new user survey is available here: https://openinfrafoundation.formstack.com/forms/starlingx_user_survey

Please feel free to share the link within you ecosystem, to help gather more information from people and organizations who’re using or evaluating StarlingX.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Ildikó

———

Ildikó Váncsa