[Starlingx-discuss] StarlingX engagement

Huang, Jie (Jackie) Jackie.Huang at windriver.com
Tue May 23 05:54:34 UTC 2023

Hi StarlingX community,

As mentioned in the last call of the StarlingX OS Distro Project Meeting (Minutes: https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/stx-distro-other),
I would like to share the development status of the work to support ARM, which I started three months ago:
    - It's a native build solution on HPE RL300 Gen11 server (Ampere Altra 1x80 cores)
    - All code changes are POC level with many hard-codes and workarounds.
    - Built out a bootable ISO image and tested deployment of AIO-SX and AIO-DX

Detail status please refer to:
https://github.com/jackiehjm/stx-builds/blob/master/docs/2023_stx_on_arm_status.md

And as follow-up in the call, I have the following questions need to ask here:
1. For container images re-generated for ARM64 arch, how can I push them to docker hub https://hub.docker.com/u/starlingx?
     Or can I ask for help on creating all container images for ARM64 and push to docker hub automatically so all container images
     on https://hub.docker.com/u/starlingx will support both x86 and ARM64?
2. Pre-built packages for x86_64 are in CENGN as package mirror, how can push ARM packages there as well?

Thanks,
Jackie