[Starlingx-discuss] BI-Weekly StarlingX OS Distro & Multi-OS Meeting Minutes: May 17, 2023
Linda.Wang at windriver.com
Wed May 31 15:08:09 UTC 2023
May 17, 2023
Attendees: Charles, Steve, Trevor Tao, Jackie Huang, Davlet, Linda
2. General Topics
3. ARM Support
* Ampere Server Support
* new features such as swapping kernel, kernel module for in-tree modules need community member to support and maintain.
* HPE Ampere server - 1 Altra 1x80 Cores ARM (location NA)
* Already set up
* build environment
* VM test environment
* Porting is in progress, and built pkgs from master branch and a bootable ISO image
* 28 packages failed built (work around by removing them from ISO image)
* Install and work on standard kernel
* RT kernel still failed to build.
* a few package will need help from engineering team for remaining packages, ELF packages, kernel, and kernel modules, specifically rt-kernel will need help from engineering.
* For ARM Build, we also need to re-generate container image for ARM arch. For container images, we push them to docker hub, and startlingX.
* AI#1: Sent email to StartlingX mailing list to get tmp access to docker hub.
* Packages for x86_64 are in CNGN, need to push ARM packages there.. how to do so?
* ELF SDK is used to build image. Need to push the SDK to CNGN.
* AI#2 Only built the SDK, then send email to Davelet Panch (or StartlingX mailing list)
* How to moderate source code, add the machine-type = aarch 64/arm, add another name for UIO for ARM.
* AI#3 need to discuss how to use these naming mechanism.
* AI#4 also the branching name. How to build ARM branch in addtion to X86_64.
4. StartlingX 8.0
* ISO size bigger than 4G,
* Resolved with option parameters passing into ISO build.
* SPEC to be written by Mark regarding new direction for the kernel, possibly to use the newer version of Debian kernel.
* SPEC from Chuck on OSTree generation on the colltroller, pending review.
Next Meeting: May 31, 2023
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Starlingx-discuss