[Starlingx-discuss] Use koji to create repository with required RPMS

Ornelas Aguayo, Jesus jesus.ornelas.aguayo at intel.com
Wed Jul 18 18:23:25 UTC 2018

Hi all,

As we know we use the centos-mirror-tools from the stx-tools repo to download the required RPMS to build StarlingX, this tool downloads the packages from the following list files:

Filename				Packages	Description
rpms_from_3rd_parties.lst		9		Third party packages without repository (downloaded by wget)
rpms_from_centos_3rd_parties.lst.	152		Third party packages with repository
rpms_from_centos_repo.lst		1699		Centos packages with repository

As time goes by, Some packages disappear and we need to replace the repositories or urls , and in some scenarios the specific package version disappears. This can be fixed by getting the source code of the packages mentioned above and their dependencies ( ~3900 packages) and use koji to build the required versions, this way we can host a repository with the required RPMS and SRPMS to build starlingX .

I would like to open a discussion of this proposal, the first approach would be start hosting the rpms_from_3rd_parties.lst(downloaded by wget) and replacing the package repository in the centos-mirror-tools list, so changes will be gradually. Once this is completed we can follow  the same process for the the rpms_from_centos_3rd_parties.lst and ending with the rms_from_centos_repo.lst.