[Starlingx-discuss] Updating SHA pointers in build system.

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 14:12:44 UTC 2018

On Sun, Jun 17, 2018 at 9:13 AM, Cordoba Malibran, Erich
<erich.cordoba.malibran at intel.com> wrote:
> In preparation to open source, some components of StarlingX were squashed, this causes that the git
> history is different now. Therefore, the TIS_BASE_SRCREV variable is broken for several components
> as now points to missing commits, causing a broken build.

Erich, do you know why they were pointing directly at a commit and not
using a tag or branch?  It sounds like that is a per-package variable?
 If it was a global this could be fun to fix with the now-split repos.

> My question is what to do with these variables, should we:
>
>   - Update to a valid commit
>   - Set the variable value to HEAD
>   - Remove those variables, not sure if that's possible.
>
> What do you think is the best course of action.

We'll have to let WRS weigh in here as to the purpose and solution.

dt

--

Dean Troyer
dtroyer at gmail.com