[Starlingx-discuss] Launchpad / Gerrit integration for multiple commits

Khalil, Ghada Ghada.Khalil at windriver.com
Fri Sep 28 22:15:25 UTC 2018

Hello all,
I have noticed that Launchpad bugs are automatically marked as "Fix Released" even when there are multiple commits specified and not all of them are merged. In those cases, the commit message for each commit uses the "Closes-Bug".

I went back to the openstack documentation for reference and found the following:
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/GitCommitMessages

* Closes-Bug: #1234567 -- use 'Closes-Bug' if the commit is intended to fully fix and close the bug being referenced.
* Partial-Bug: #1234567 -- use 'Partial-Bug' if the commit is only a partial fix and more work is needed.
* Related-Bug: #1234567 -- use 'Related-Bug' if the commit is merely related to the referenced bug.

So if a fix requires multiple commits, I suggest you use "Partial-Bug" with only the final commit using "Closes-Bug".

I have updated the StarlingX Code Submission Guidelines wiki accordingly:
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/StarlingX/CodeSubmissionGuidelines

Regards,
Ghada