[Starlingx-discuss] Ansible bootstrap playbook error

Daolin Liu dorian_lau at 126.com
Tue Jan 14 05:43:48 UTC 2020

Hi,

I'm a rookie and this is the first time I study and install Starlingx (I have never used K8S and Openstack before).

I am following the steps from:

https://docs.starlingx.io/deploy_install_guides/r2_release/virtual/aio_simplex_install_kubernetes.html

I encountered an issue when I run "Ansible bootstrap playbook".

After I copy /usr/share/ansible/stx-ansible/playbooks/bootstrap/host_vars/default.yml to $HOME/localhost.yml, and change some values in it, especially the registry k8s.gcr.io url to aliyun (since it can not pull image in China), I got below errors for kubelet init:

[kubelet-check] Initial timeout of 40s passed.
[kubelet-check] It seems like the kubelet isn't running or healthy.
[kubelet-check] The HTTP call equal to 'curl -sSL http://localhost:10248/healthz' failed with error: Get http://localhost:10248/healthz: dial tcp [::1]:10248: connect: connection refused.

and some more information like this:

Unfortunately, an error has occurred:
        timed out waiting for the condition

This error is likely caused by:
        - The kubelet is not running
        - The kubelet is unhealthy due to a misconfiguration of the node in some way (required cgroups disabled)

If you are on a systemd-powered system, you can try to troubleshoot the error with the following commands:
        - 'systemctl status kubelet'
        - 'journalctl -xeu kubelet'

Can someone give me any clues?

Thanks,